Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Just Tylenol? Seriously?

So, I'm not sure if they lied to me about the level of pain from this port placement or if I just thought I was tougher than this.  Wow, I didn't sleep last night - the pain was unreal.  This morning Kendall had to help get me dressed - I don't believe that has ever happened before. 

Dr Keedy told me to take Lortab for the pain so that has gotten me thru the day.  I have pretty much been sitting in the recliner ALL day with the blanket Stephanie gave me.  As long as I sit still and type or write, I'm good.  If I get up & walk, holy ouch.  So much for getting back in the office.  The good news, though, is that I did get a lot of work done since I've been chair-ridden.

It was another gorgeous day here today - Payton is at the park with the kids.  Cross your fingers I can be a little more mobile tomorrow.

Today's photo therapy is from the archives.  The first is a picture of my Uncle Richard (my Mom's brother) and I hiking in Northern England when we visited them in 2008.  That is Eri on my back - hard to see her.  The second picture is one of the many picturesque views in the Cumbria.  I love these pictures because they remind me of such a fabulous trip.  We spent spring break in England with Uncle Richard & his wonderful wife Auntie Anne; the girls were so young then - EB was 7 & Eriana was only 18 months.  They have wonderful cattle, lambs, pigs, ducks, and chickens on their farm; both girls just loved feeding them in the mornings & at night.  Anne is a fantastic cook, and they treated us to some delicious meals while we were there.  This is definitely one of the first places we are going back to when we are doing beating cancer's butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading our comments!