Friday, February 3, 2012

MORON!

I am a moron.  Yep, its official.  You can find my name on the moron registry.  Yesterday I decided to go for a stroll around the 'hood.  It was a beautiful day, in the 60s, sunny.  I wanted to walk a little further than I did the day before (logical right?).  Ooooh, I walked a little further - like for 40 minutes.  Had no intention of going that long or that far, but once I was halfway I was pretty much stuck, had to walk back.  When I got home I took a pain pill straight away, but for some reason it made me jittery so I spent the next 2 hours bustling around the house doing stuff I should not have been doing.

Consequently, I have set myself back at least 4 days in the healing process.  If I were able to, I would kick my own ass.  I mean, really, come on, Judy.  I was so freakin' focused on staying in shape, on making sure I didn't get lazy.  I made a really bad decision.  I had to ask Payton to get groceries for me today - I couldn't face lifting stuff in and out of the cart and the car.  She took the kids for Funday Friday to paint pottery this afternoon - something I love doing - but I hurt too bad to go.

Anyway, I did a better job today - baked a lot but if I'm standing or moving gently/slowly its tolerable.  Getting up from a chair or bed or sitting down is the worst. 

I don't have any words of wisdom or amazing photography to share today, but I wanted to let everybody know I'm alive, just suffering due to my own poor decision.  I suppose this is God's way of letting me know I am not invincible.  Message received....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading our comments!