Friday, February 24, 2012

Too good to be true?

Another afternoon "wasted" trying to biopsy something that evidently is not really there.  I'm a little frustrated, a little confused, a little mad, and a lot relieved at this point.  I spent 90 minutes in the MRI scanner this afternoon.  Anybody ever had a breast MRI?  To say the positioning is uncomfortable would be an understatement.  I got not one, but two, doses of contrast.  I'd say they took several thousand images at least.  They couldn't find the masses that worried them on the MRI three weeks ago.  MRIs are very sensitive to changes in your body, even to the time of the month that you have them done, so there are a lot of reasons why this could be.  One, of course, is that they weren't "really there" in the first place.  I don't much care about the reason right now.  I do care that I have lost a week waiting for this damn thing to happen.  I have lost God knows how many hours of sleep worrying about it.

Anyway, at its surface this is good news.  Thankfully 2 of the chemo drugs I will be on are also used with breast cancer so if nothing else they will keep things stable for the next 9 months.  They plan to do another MRI in about 6 months & see if there are any changes or if the masses "reappear."  Meanwhile, Dr Vicki is planning on Tuesday, March 6th as "Go Day" for chemo.

Next week I will have the port placed on Monday; all being well they will also remove the drain during this procedure.  On Wednesday I will see the radiation oncologist again, my favorite Dr Johnson.  Without a drain & with no findings in the breast, I am expecting him to be ready to get started on radiation.  Thats it medically next week.  I get to work 4 out of 5 days next week all being well!

I'm excited for our dinner tonight, Julie B made us chicken & rice which is warming up in the oven now.

We had a little death in the family tonight.  Emilia was cleaning her fish tank & one of her little fish (they are named Paul & Linda McCarpney) didn't survive the event.  So we will be getting a new Linda tomorrow.

No photos tonight, I'm not in the mood.  I cannot get rid of this splitting headache again.  Hope everybody has a really great weekend.  Look for our "Boot Jack" post sometime this weekend.  Emilia, Kendall, Eriana & I have been working on some projects.  We're also going to concoct some of the original JAM's Jam Strawberry Jam this weekend.  I have managed to completely misplace my big pile of JAMS Jam labels - and I haven't even started on chemo brain yet.  I'm calling it Pre-Chemo Brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading our comments!