Thursday, January 12, 2012

Time moves slowly

Why is it that when we want time to fly by it doesn't?  And when we want it to crawl, so we can savor every moment, it moves at the speed of lightning?  So, the question is at what pace does it move when you want both those things at the same time?

I'm tired today...  There's a lot on my mind at night these days and when the house is quiet and everyone is sleeping peacefully, its a good time to think.  Or play scrabble on the ipad.  Doesn't make for a very well-rested Judy in the morning though.

Today's picture is Kendall running a half marathon this fall.  I love this picture because both of his feet are off the ground at the same time.  He is literally suspended in the air and I caught it with my camera!  He kicked butt in that race, but then I think he kicks butt in every race.  Merely finished 13.1 miles is kicking butt to me.  Doing it as fast as Kendall does is something I can't even process.  For him, running is therapeutic I think.  A time to think, clear his mind, challenge his body.  His dedication to it and enjoyment of it are inspirational to me.  Especially since I have to literally force myself into the gym every day to exercise and then tell myself the whole time that its really not that bad.  Talk about opposites!

Tomorrow I'm going to work from home.  It makes me smile when the kids get SO excited about me taking them to school and picking them up.  Like, whats the big deal?  Emilia's home today not feeling so well.  When did my first baby get old enough to stay home from school by herself? 

3 comments:

  1. I swear, I can't think of a woman that I'm more in awe of than you. Like everything else you tackle, Judy, this blog is amazing. Your writing is poetic. I find myself waiting for your next posting. You've inspired me, Judy. Somewhere along the way, I think I may have let my life plateau, but your outlook and attitude has given me the nudge I needed. Geez Louise, shouldn't it be the other way around? You over-achiever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had to pick one person from my entire life who, if life knocked them on their ass, would be most likely to pick themselves up, grab their gloves and start fighting back, you're the one I'd have thought of first. From what I've read, you haven't lost that "take no prisoners" outlook on life and it's gonna stand you in good stead. Take care of you, Judy, and when this ordeal is over we are going to celebrate BIG. I'll be reading along (and praying) as you go. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you started the blog! I second what Cori said - you are great at absolutely everything and never cease to amaze me! I'm sooooo blessed to be your friend and to have the opportunity to learn from you as you take on this latest challenge with such strength and determination. You are loved!
    Hugs and prayers,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love reading our comments!