Friday, July 6, 2012

Will it rain???

Well sitting here listening to it thunder outside & crossing fingers & toes that it will rain FINALLY!  Emilia is doing a rain dance.  Its been the hottest & dryest last few weeks I can recall here in Tennessee & we desperately need some rain.

The garden is still thriving in the heat though - corn, tomatoes, basil & cantaloupe seem to really enjoy the heat.  We harvested enough cucumbers for our first batch of pickles which I made on the 4th.  I also made a ton of blackberry jam from all the blackberries we picked Tuesday. Yum, its my all time favorite.  So our spare fridge is slam full with pickles, peach jam, peach chutney & blackberry jam.

We are in a lull on the kitchen project while they fabricate cabinets.  The week of the 16th they will do the electric & plumbing and hopefully appliances & cabinets during the week of the 23rd which is Turbo Chemo week.  Will be a great week though since Lisa is coming & I will also have the excitement of coming home each day to see what progress has been made!

Next week is Yucko Chemo week - thats having labs & seeing Dr Keedy on Tuesday morning then CAV on Tuesday & Wednesday followed by the neulasta shot on Thursday.  I will feel like my head is in a tar bubble from Tuesday noon until Friday noon based on past experience.  Kids have a fun week I hope next week.  Eri is in Beginning Broadway camp at FRA and EB is in volleyball at Harpeth Hall.  Swim team is pretty much over for them now.  Hard to believe its just over a month until they go back to school.

We don't have any plans for the weekend which is wonderful.  Kendall is going to be busy building an elaborate bench for his Big Green Egg.  He built me a great shelf for the porch last weekend.  Its going to be too hot to do anything outside for me I think.  I have plans to paint the shelf he built but not until its cooler.  Tonight is pizza & movie night for us.  I think we're going to watch Look Who's Talking - We're also waiting for the cable guy to show up to install the cable box on the porch for my Mother's Day TV!

Well, hope you all have a great weekend.  I will let you know how the blood work goes on Tuesday.  Cross your fingers for everything to be good to go ahead with treatment next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading our comments!