Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Quick update

Good morning everybody.  Sitting in my chemo room for the day with a bright sun shining in!  Not where I'd opt to spend the day given a choice, but it is what it is.  So far so good this week, been feeling a bit nauseated so not eating a whole lot, but otherwise doing okay.

My parents surprised me last night with my mom's old tea cart completely refinished.  They had it done in Florida & shipped up here - what a wonderful surprise.  Looks great in our dining room.  As I get older, I wish I had saved more of Mom's furniture. 

So tomorrow I am more than half way done with radiation.  No real side effects from that so far - thank goodness.  It will be nice not to have to go down there to the basement every day though!

And Friday I am 2/7th done with chemo (will have done 14 of 49 treatments but who's counting).  That doesn't sound like very far, does it?  But for perspective, one of my favorite chemo nurses is 14 weeks pregnant. I will finish chemo before she has her baby.  Thats a hopeful thought!

We have enjoyed some food brought my friends this week.  Ann & Bill made us a delicious French beef stew which we all enjoyed on Monday.  Last night we enjoyed a chicken & rice casserole that Pam brought.  Not sure what's on the menu for tonight, Mimi told me she would take care of it & for me not to worry about it! 

For photo therapy today I just chose a few of my favorite pics from 2011.
EB & Julianna this summer

Eriana at Sanibel last Spring

The girls with Mimi in the Spring

First day of school.  This may be the last time Eri work her Sperries & skirt.

The Jessie Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading our comments!