So, now onto other people. I got a note yesterday in the mail from a colleague that really made me stop & think. It was the sweetest note about how much she admires my attitude and strength. I've heard that a lot, but this time it made me pause. And I started to think about all the people I admire. I admire those who have taken the time to write to me - whether it is
- once like this colleague or
- every week (often twice a week) like Myra, Maryann's sister or
- heartfelt and emotional like from Lisa or
- a postcard from a land I love like England or
- a text from my friend Julie saying she prayed for us this week or
- a care package from Judy, Cara's mom or
- handwritten recipes from Ann or
- decorated, painted "puke buckets" from my brother & his girls or
- a handwritten note from my friend Mark who is recovering from a tragic accident or
- a huge colorful drawing from ClaraBeth or
- a handmade recipe book from Cori's spring break in Italy or
So, I will leave it there. We had a wonderful week with my folks - they got to spend a lot of time with the girls which was really great. This weekend we haven't done much of anything which has been very enjoyable. This afternoon we are going to the summer swimteam kick off then going to come home & make some dinner. Last night we watched Julie & Julia - a wonderful movie - love that movie. And love that EB loves it too.
Hope everyone has a great week & is able to see kindness in places you wouldn't ordinarily look! No pictures today - I didn't take any this week.