Monday, December 31, 2012

Good riddance!

I'm not one normally to stay up to ring in the new year. But I think tonight I may stay up. Not to ring in 2013 necessarily but I feel like I need to be absolutely certain that 2012 really does end.

I spent the morning in the ER today. Figured I needed one more visit to end the year & I missed being a patient. Not really. I was at the ER though. Jessie, our sweet dog, did a fancy maneuver to try to get in between Kendall & i on the bed this morning. And in the process put her toenail right in my eye! Ouch!

It even bled! I had no idea the eye could bleed. It freaked us out a little & Kendall said I needed to go to the ER. Rare for him to show alarm so off I went. I love Vanderbilt! They know how to run an ER. Anyway long story short its fine. I've added some knowledge of the eyeball to my medical database too. I have to put antibiotic ointment in it for a few days & it should be fine. And I can cross visiting the eye doctor off my list because I got a complete eye exam even had them dilated!

But not how I intended to spend the morning. I had a bunch to do at the office & an important meeting I had to reschedule. Here's the strange part. I was right across the hall from where I was with the appendix visit. And i couldn't help compare the me that day in June with the me now 6 months later. I'm a hell of a lot better off than I was then. So in the spirit of everything happening for a reason I think I probably needed that perspective.

We don't have big plans tonight. Staying home, cooking, enjoying some of my wine from Walla Walla & probably playing Wii. It super cold here.

I don't need to say how happy I am that we are on the cusp of a new year. But I do need to say thank you for all each of you have done to support, help, guide and encourage me this year. I wouldn't have made it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading our comments!