Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Busy Busy Busy Bees

Holy moly its been a long time since I've posted anything.  I guess thats a good sign - that things are returning to normal & I don't have much to report.  Seems like just yesterday it was Halloween & now its nearly Thanksgiving.  Time is flying by.



Last week we took a huge group of customers fishing in the Keys.  I was so proud of how our little group put on such a fantastic event.  And it felt great to be back in the real swing of things, doing a job I love with people I adore.  I missed Kendall & the girls terribly though.  It was COLD for the the Keys & the water was super rough so the fishing sucked.  But there's never a bad day on a boat.  Here are a couple pics from that trip.
I never ever tire of this view!!

Sunrise from the boat as we headed out
Sunset over the Atlantic

So I got home Friday evening & Saturday morning Kendall ran a half marathon in Nashville.  The girls & I went & watched him finish in under 1:30!!  Here are a couple pics from Saturday morning.

Eri & EB with Jessie

Hard to take a self portrait of 3 people!

so proud of him!!!

Sunday morning Kendall & I left for Amelia Island.  I had a business meeting there & Kendall tagged along as a spouse.  We are so lucky to have such great friends here - Lorraine stayed with the girls.  I think they had a pretty good time, not sure about Lorraine though(-:  Its a lot of work taking care of these rugrats.  We stayed at the Ritz Carlton on Amelia Island - had a beautiful view.  Today we had a leisurely day walking on the beach, visiting Fernandina Beach & then flying home.  This was the view from our room.





So tonight we are back at home, all 5 of us in the bed.  The rest of this week will be busy - Emilia has a swim meet on Saturday.  And our friend Rita is visiting this weekend from upstate NY.  We haven't seen her since March of 2004 -- pretty excited to see her.  And on Monday morning we go to Florida to see my brother's family for Thanksgiving. 

My dad was in the hospital this weekend - he had a mini stroke.  Both of his carotid arteries are almost completely blocked so in a couple weeks he is having one of them fixed.  Its always something. 

As for me, its hard to believe that the week after Thanksgiving I have my first 3 month scan - this particular one is a PET scan.  Doesn't seem possible does it.  Its also time for my annual colonoscopy that week - blah.  Then the following week I will have an echocardiogram to see if the chemo drugs have had any lasting negative impact on my heart & will also see Dr Holt & Dr Keedy.

I'm feeling great really.  Haven't lost any of my chemo weight but my strength is definitely coming back.  I don't have quite as much stamina as I was used to - I get pretty tired at the end of the days but other than that I can pretty much do everything I want to do.  Been going to spin but had to take a break from pilates as I've injured my rotator cuff in my right shoulder.  I'll start physical therapy for that pretty soon; my orthopedist thinks its from returning to normal activity & will be fixed by therapy.

My hair is growing growing growing.  Fat foot/leg is still an issue but I'm not complaining.

Hope you are all enjoying a great fall!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading our comments!