Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Cute Story

I feel compelled to share a story of one morning last week - it was Tuesday morning I believe. I have to start by setting the scene - our house is usually pretty chaotic, stressful, tense, loud, etc. in the mornings before school. The routine is pretty standard and the timeline each morning is well known, but somehow just doesn't always get followed... Typically Kendall has to go in each girl's room at least once & often more than that each morning to be sure they are getting dressed, brushing hair & teeth, etc. Well Tuesday he went to prod them & came back to get me, saying I needed to "see this". He & I peered from the hallway into the kitchen where we saw Eri, fully dressed sitting at the kitchen table. She was reading to herself. It was one of the sweetest moments. One of those snapshots in time when you feel like you're doing everything right. Magical.

Last week Kendall was in Seattle for much of the week, work was frenzied & the week flew by. Hard to believe in 3 weeks I do my 6 month scans. Wow. Saturday Emilia took the ACT. Yes, she is only in seventh grade but she has been selected for a program run by Duke called TIP which is pre-college prep for smart junior high kids. She was completely unfazed by the test. Will be interesting to see how she scores. Kendall & I saw silver linings play book Saturday night & enjoyed it. The girls spent some time with their beloved first nanny, Holly. I swear she is like our third daughter. We adore her. So do the girls.

Rest of the weekend was low key & I had to leave this morning for Atlanta but I will be back late tomorrow. There is much excitement over valentines day this week! And our 16th anniversary Friday.

I have been totally in control of my diet the last 2 weeks & it feels so powerful. I don't feel deprived or hungry or cheated. It's such a fantastic feeling after those rough couple months post chemo. Results are showing on the scale too! The nutritionists at Medi are amazing and wonderful and so supportive. I feel like I have my life back because I have control, motivation & willpower again. It's amazing. Now to start on the exercise.

That's about all the news for now. Life is fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading our comments!