Monday, September 24, 2012

Patience

By all accounts, patience is not my strong suit!  But definitely required to recover from the hell that has been our last 9 months.  Yes, I'm already frustrated that I'm not back to 100%.  I know, thats absurd, but it is what it is. 

So I started thinking about patience & I found some quotes that might help any of you who, like me, are impatient to the core...

This one is particularly appropriate, but really if you follow it to the extreme will you ever get anything accomplished???
“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”
A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
 
So, since that one left me feeling kind of like, what the hell, don't worry about anything, I went naturally to the opposite extreme.  This one I really like because it does make me feel powerful - not lazy. Maybe thats why I'm impatient - waiting or being patient feels like laziness to me.
“Patience is power.
Patience is not an absence of action;
rather it is "timing"
it waits on the right time to act,
for the right principles
and in the right way.”
Fulton J. Sheen
 
So then I started thinking about laziness & why I can't stand it...  I think its in my DNA from my never-sit-down mother, but aside from that, its just how I roll.  This pretty much sums it up for me.
"Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no laziness, no procrastination: never put off till tomorrow what you can do today."
Lord Chesterfield
So, that got me thinking about what traits are inherited, which are learned, etc.  Can't find any good quotes on that - they are all way too complex.

So whats the point of this post?  I'm not really sure, except to say that I'm trying really hard to balance patience with pushing myself.  Being that its a delicate balancing act & I am anything but delicate, its proving to be quite the challenge.

But then, I never met a challenge I didn't want to tackle (unless it involves running!). 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading our comments!